Internal & External Vacancy : Administrative 0072464 Associate, GS6 FT, Dakar, Senegal
Job no: 560002
Position type: Fixed Term Appointment
Division/Equivalent: Dakar (WCAR), Senegal
Department/Office: Dakar, Senegal
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, A Champion
For 75 years UNICEF has been an unstoppable force for change in children’s lives. From short-term relief to long-term development programmes, we have been working tirelessly to save children’s lives, protect their rights and secure their futures.
In Senegal, the past years have been an exceptional journey for UNICEF. The country has made significant progress in advancing children’s and women’s rights.
Today, children in Senegal have a greater chance of reaching their fifth birthday than ever before. Child deaths have significantly declined over the past decades, a victory for children and women. Being able to go to school is now a reality for many more children.
UNICEF and its partners have led intensive advocacy efforts in the country, resulting in substantial progress in legislations, policies, strategies and national programming.
However, much more needs to be done to create a supportive and protective environment for children and future generations.
How can you make a difference?
- Day to day Asset management in line with IPSAS standards and the UNICEF guidance on Masset applications for asset management. Verify that equipment received from suppliers match the amounts and specifications in the purchase order, oversees those items are delivered the intended staff members or organizations for safe storage where necessary and tags all new office equipment and reviews the data entered in vision for accuracy.
- Create asset master record and update day to day or monthly the PPE. Ensure the maintenance of inventory records of UNICEF property through the UNICEF management system. Monitor and update the inventory of non-expendable property & attractive items daily. Reconcile physical inventory data with office records to ensure inventory is complete and identifies discrepancies for corrective action.
- Ensure that the UNICEF office premises, and office equipment always remain in good tenable condition. Monitor repairs and follow up with service providers for all premises and office equipment maintenance Issues.
- Provide support on monitoring budgets and financial expenditures of the section, ensure compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keep supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Provide support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Carry out transactions in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section when needed.
Vendors, Invoice and Contracts’ Processing
- MDM Vendor focal point for the unit for the creation and updating of vendor profiles in VISION.
- Collaborate in the management of administrative service contracts and contract service providers (i.e., utilities, security, cleaning, interim agents.); provide supervision and regular feedback to contractors as needed.
- Create requisitions for contracts and purchase orders as well as funds commitments and/or fund reservations for invoice processing.
Provide support services to the Common UN House
- Support the Independent Project Unit/Common Back Office (IPU/CBO) Administrative Staff on Assets planning, Assets solutions and provide advice on Assets Management requirements for the Common UN House.
- Provide and/or facilitate technical advice on inventory management and distribution of supplies and equipment in support of the Common UN House supply plan implementation.
- Work closely with the IPU/CBO Administrative Staff in relation to processing Common UN House and other UN Agencies requests of Assets Management within the framework of CBO workplan.
- Support the IPU/CBO contracting function to ensure cost effective for local procurement of supplies and services.
- Interpret and advise the IPU/CBO Administrative Staff on policies and procedures impacting Assets Management.
- Develop and maintain partnership and collaborative relations with UN organizations and build strong interrelations with external stakeholders within the framework of CBO in Assets Management and related activities.
Communications & Workflow
- Communicate routine and some non-routine information pertaining to the work of the team.
- Facilitate the communications and workflow of the section to enhance the efficiency and timeliness of administrative operations and outputs.
- Support to establish and maintain the office filing and reference systems, both traditional and digital; and ensure the SharePoint websites related to Assets and Admin are up to date and accurate by uploading cleared materials and files on the intranet.
For more information regarding this role, please review the full job description by clicking on this link SJP Administrative Associate G6.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
A minimum of 6 years of relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
Fluency in French is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (English) or a local language is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF core values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Resultsunderpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
The UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
- Demonstrates Self Awareness and Ethical Awareness (1)
- Works Collaboratively with others (1)
- Builds and Maintains Partnerships (1)
- Innovates and Embraces Change (1)
- Thinks and Acts Strategically (1)
- Drive to achieve impactful results (1)
- Manages ambiguity and complexity (1)
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: Mar 07 2023 Greenwich Standard Time
Application close: Mar 21 2023 Greenwich Standard Time